Thursday, May 29, 2008

Straight Update

So, we haven't posted in a while (ahem, Matthew).
But we've been busy.

After countless meetings, endless research, and tremendous toil, we've booked:
1. An awesome DJ from Brooklyn who comes with rave reviews
2. A Trio of Ceremony Musicians for a bargain
3. An expensive Photographer who might be too cool for us
4. A Florist named Vito who loves orange

Check, Check, Check, Check! I feel so much better that these major players are set.
Oh, and I also picked and ordered the bridesmaids' dresses finally. Woohoo!

We went and visited the Rockleigh again when my mom was in town. She loved it and said we did a good job finding it (phew!). I had another oh my gosh moment when they turned on the chandeliers in the ballroom - in a few short months, we'll dance on that floor and we'll be married! It looked beautiful and they even have a renovated bridal suite upstairs. Swanky.

So what's left?
Officiant (One more piece of paper and I'm okay by the Catholic church)
Invitations (Should I make my own?)
Tuxes (You're gonna like the way you look.)
Honeymoon (Aloha?)
Favors (We need volunteers to tie little ribbons)

Another major thing is housing - we went apartment hunting in Queens last weekend and found a couple places with potential but not the ONE yet. We're also looking in Brooklyn but that's a further commute. I'll be happy wherever we end up, since I'm guaranteed more closet space.

We're almost there!

3 comments:

H. Karl Skeletor said...

All I can think about right now is cake.

Dirt said...

mmm cake. i love cake.

i would be happy to tie ribbons for you anytime. i have been commended on several occasions for my awesome bow-tying (not of bow ties though) abilities you know.

Maggie said...

don't make your own invitations! i've heard from TWO wedding couples that they majorly regretted the decision to make their own invitations - time down the drain, frustrating to assemble - outsource that shit!!