Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Eat Cake

Thanks to Maggie for being the only one to read this blog and actually searching for that ribbon. Martha Stewart must have gotten it custom made by some poor child laborers in a remote Chinese sweatshop because i cannot find it anywhere. Thanks for trying.

Now it's time for cake. I'm just dabbling in this area right now. Who knows what our assigned bakery is capable of making--we'll probably end up with a sheet cake decorated with balloons and bears. Don't matter - I can look at other people's pretty cakes. Here are some pictures of random nice cakes that probably cost like $20 per slice.




























Tell me what you think and you can be honest. This orange thing might be getting out of hand.

Here is a cookie favor and a cupcake too. Cute, huh?



5 comments:

Unknown said...

I love cake.

Just thought I'd throw that out there.

A few weeks ago I spent the entire weekend watching FoodTV people make wedding cakes. You should get a wedding cake shaped like something other than a cake. Like a Hindenburg cake, only not as horrifyingly disastrous. But then you could do German chocolate, which everybody loves.

Unknown said...

As long as the cake tastes good, it should not matter what it looks like.

On that note, I'm not crazy on any of the cake designs other than the one on the lower left. I do believe a wedding cake should not be square. I'm old fashioned I guess.

jungeunie said...

i love the one with the orange strips. so cute~

i hope your cake is something like that one. :)

Maggie said...

first, thanks for the shout out!!
second, i like all those cakes but think paying over $1000 for a cake is ridiculous.
third, trust me, no one is looking at the cake, everyone just wants to see the bride :)

Unknown said...

i like the top right one, pretty oranges on a nice round cake, the bottom 2 look like really tall top hats.

i LOVE the party favors, especially the little cake/cooie, and that cupcake looks SOO delicious. one wedding i attended had a centerpiece of a tower of cupcakes- all different flavors, it was delish!