Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Bizz

Hello All.

I would just like to say I like the new design of the blog, so thank you very much wife for freshening things up.

As you may or may not know, we have transformed a skinny wall in out kitchen to a magnetic chalkboard thanks to Rustoleum.

(Imagine Soon to Be Uploaded picture here)

One of the major features of said wall is a calendar with dates beautifully marked in sidewalk chalk. I have never really kept a calendar besides the occasional noted reminder taken in my phone, but I must admit it's pretty cool. I'm not sure if I've always had a busy social schedule (due to never actually seeing it written out), but it seems as if we are pretty popular these days. In fact, I'd contend that we have never been busier with friends, relatives, and appointments.

I have some theories.

1 - Combined Forces: We're on a double schedule. Not only are the things we have planned together on the wall, but individual commitments as well. Put all that up and it looks like we are pretty freakin' busy.

2 - We're just intriguing people. Not to be narcissistic, but I think people have a curiosity about hanging out with the married people. We're kind of a novelty, being that we don't really socialize with many married folk. Do people want to analyze us? I dunno. I think we are at the age when peers are beginning to think more about the future and as it becomes more immediate, they want to know how it all works. It's a different dynamic. I don't mean to imply that we have all the answers and people are taking notes, but perhaps we're sociological templates.

3 - We are just becoming more social. One of the most eye-opening things about the wedding was that we realized how easy it is to become antisocial. A couple relationship can be consuming, and planning a wedding even more so. But after seeing everyone at the wedding and experiencing the love and support from our friends and family, we had regrets about having put our other relationships on the back burner. We're not proud and we have resolved to change this. Thanks to everyone for sticking with us. Operators are standing by. We swear we are less lazy.

I am sure there are more reasons, but these jumped out at me. I am glad to be busy though. Makes you feel accomplished, like you aren't spending your life in the waiting room. Plus the socialization breaks up the home shopping, which while rewarding, can be a tad tedious and frustrating at times.

When will I post again. Soon hopefully. Looking at the kitchen wall I think next Tuesday works. It's a date.

No comments: