Friday, February 8, 2008

Sunday Done-Day


After one more weekend of rounds, a decision will and must be made. The finalists are in, but maybe we'll get surprised with a new contender. Also a second visit to a previous stop has been scheduled. I'm not sure how many places a typical engaged couple visits, but it seems as if we have really gone beyond. In all, 16 places will have been visited. Was it exhausting? Yes. However, I'm glad we have seen so many because it never hurts to be thorough. Thinking that we didn't give ourselves enough options would have irked me.

This is the major hurdle. How many times we've heard, "Once you pick the place, then all the fun stuff starts." I hope. It feels like time is flying by. You know what...it is. We've been engaged now for 40 days. I say we're due for some of the fun stuff.

On a side note, my people skills are improving dramatically. I have these appointment skills down cold. I'm not as big a talker on the actual tours, but on the phone I'm a dynamo. The one time I was really good in person was when I was really annoyed. Maybe that's the secret. Go into the meetings ready to get down to business. Lesson learned.

Hardcore wedding tour '08.

----

Valentine's Day is next week...don't sleep.