Friday, January 18, 2008

Jersey Tour


The internet is great and all, but it's time to see some prospective reception sites in person. I am nervous because I know I am going to be very critical. Picturing your wedding day is not reserved solely for the female set. I've thought about it and I know what I want.

Lucky for me, Ji and I probably have an overlap of about 85% in opinion. We are really pushing for October because there is still a chance of comfortable weather and beautiful scenery. Plus, October is early enough that some of us may still have residual tans. (By this I mean me because I am a very pale individual.) We also want to stay away from winter because the holidays are too hectic and it is an inconvenient time for most people. It's going to be a tough get to find a place we like and find a date in that span, but we're going to give it a try.

What we are going for is comfort. We want all of our guests to really enjoy themselves in the way you enjoy visiting the home of friend. You won't be able to take a nap or anything, but it'll be as un-pretentious as we can make it. Think lots of wood and rich colors, bourbon, and mashed potatoes. I'd be remiss if I didn't factor flowers, sappy music, and romance into the mix. We'd like to incorporate a little New York/Philadelphia too. What better place to get stuck in the middle than Jersey?

So can we find that? Ummm. Yes, yes we can. And we start tomorrow. Nerves of steel. Eeeep.

Stay tuned.

3 comments:

jilee said...

really? you like the mashed potato bar?

Maggie said...

i like the handles "ji-ra" and "h. karl skeletor". though i'm not sure they ever got together, let alone got married, even on a crossover episode.

jilee said...

you never saw that episode? that was my favorite.