Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Thank you for a picture.

First things first, find a venue.

This is a consuming task. The past couple weeks, the search has yielded limited results to put it bluntly. The thing I find hardest to understand are the websites that are supposed to convince you send your party their way. If I'm going to choose your hall/castle/ballroom, would it trouble you to provide more than three pictures? I'm not saying that I would pick a place based on a few pictures. After all, there is capacity, catering, convenience, and coolness to consider. (The four C's, I just made that up.) I'm just saying that more pictures, maybe some pictures of actual receptions would make us want to check out your facilities. I mean, I actually considered doing an aquarium reception because of the visual of giant shark tanks for walls. That's what I'm talking about. Grab my attention. Don't show me a chair, show me the possibilities.

For now, the search continues...next stop New Jersey. Yep, I said it.

4 comments:

Maggie said...

Ji Suss and Matt, this is a great blog, thanks for sharing. Have you guys thought about getting married at BU? I bet you guys would get a great alumni rate. Maybe at the Mugar Library?

Unknown said...

Hooray blog! Good luck, friends!

H. Karl Skeletor said...

Don't people have sex on the 5th floor of the Mugar Library?

Maggie said...

what ppl? wedding guests?
i'll just be studying during the ceremony.