Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Revelations of a Zip Lock KIng


Spent the weekend relaxing in beautiful suburban Blue Bell at the Lee Compound.
Spent the weekend working in commercially industrious Blue Bell at the Lee Factory.

Quoi?

You know that grace period when being a guest meant that the only finger you lifted was inside the handle of a coffee cup? Enjoyable to be sure but I always found that a bit awkward. The resident Julius Caesar, being hand-fed grapes of unwarranted generosity, is hardly representative of my visitation expectations.

So when I was ushered to the kitchen table and put to work, I was happy. Alternating between unsealing the bags, labeling them with the treats they'd soon be filled with, heat sealing them back up, and boxing them for transport, it made my day.

I'm not some kind of masochist that loves doing work. Sometimes that's painfully obvious. It all goes back to what I mentioned above. When you are staying at someone's home and you aren't a guest anymore, what does that make you? When you're sitting at the table and working towards the same goals, what does that make you? And when thanks are not necessary, what does that make you? Family.

Sure, we met up with a photographer, talked wedding, and attempted to figure out where to live. All very important and increasingly pressing steps. It may not seem like we got enough done but I feel like I got more accomplished this weekend than I ever expected. Now it's time to get back to work, but let me just say one thing.

I love my family.